[TowerTalk] Antenna models?

w9zv@ce.mediaone.net w9zv@ce.mediaone.net
Sun, 18 Jul 1999 21:22:17 -0500

ohhh Great Ones,

Does anyone know of some kind of repository (on the web) for antenna models
where one could download one or more models to do some experimenting? I
realize there are different formats for different packages, but one would
think having this repository would be quite useful to all of us. The
quality of the output from the modeling one does is directly related the
quality of the model. Ye ol GIGO philosophy... And i dont know how to
create accurate models yet since i dont know how to determine if i have an
accurate model :-)....
I would like to learn without making it into an Atomic Powered Swiss Army
Knife project. I took this stuff in school, but dont want to go through it
all again ( M of M ) just to do some piddling around.

Ideally, it would be very interesting to have a repository for models for
the commercially available antennas out there.  Yet one can understand the
reluctance by the mfrs. to publish in the open their hard earned
intellectual property to the designs. But, wouldnt it be grand if they did?

any help? I'm using EZNEC, and am very green at it.

-bob, w9zv