[TowerTalk] RE: TH11DX - best answer

WA9ALS - John jfleming@shelbynet.net
Mon, 19 Jul 1999 09:13:06 -0500

All agree - stainless steel, but apparently the dealers don't need to add the "S" to the number, as so well put by Roger:

Some dealers attached the "S" on the end of the model on their own.  Back in the
80's, when we added SS hardware to an existing design, the "-S" was added to the
model number.  In the order number "00398S", the "S" designated Stainless Steel
hardware.  The "-S" was eventually dropped from the model after all models had
stainless hardware.  The TH11DX was designed originally with SS hardware, so
there was no reason to tack the "S" onto the end.

THANKS TO ALL - We can stop this thread now.  :-)
WA9ALS - John
mailto:jfleming@shelbynet.net
Tower Project Guestbook http://www.shelbynet.net/~jfleming/towerproject
Amateur Homepage http://www.shelbynet.net/~jfleming/amstart.htm