[TowerTalk] KLM 20M-5 & HY-GAIN 105CA

Alberto Perello ea3cr@redestb.es
Mon, 26 Jul 1999 09:51:26 +0200

Hello to all,

This past week I put my new 105CA (10 meters, 5 elements on 24 foot boom) on
top of  my 20M-5 (20 meters, 5 elements on 42 foot boom).

The 20M-5 is 61.7 feet high and the 105CA is 76.2 feet high, in a
self-supported tower 60 feet high.

In other words the separation between both antennas is 14.5 feet.

According to the simulation with EZNEC, I stacked the beams in inverted
direction, because it seems that this is the situation with lower interaction.

But....the 20M-5 simulation is a little difficult , because as you know, the
20M-5 have a log periodic cell.

All the parameters that EZNEC outputs about the 20M-5 seems right but...

The question is: What is the best situation for stack this beams that signifies
the LOWER INTERACTION between them?.

1.- In the same direction
2.- Inverted direction
3.- 90 degrees

Thank you in advance for your answer and have a good holidays.

Alberto Perello
EA3CR