[TowerTalk] VP5 tower/antenna update

Bud k4isv@westky.com
Sun, 28 Feb 1999 18:08:15 -0600

Tower work almost complete on North Caicos. Tower is up and holding all the
antennas well...I have decided to add a set of Phyllistran guys just to be
super safe!!

Tower #1 -- 60 ft with Chromoly mast out 12 ft... 6M beam on top... XM-40
down 3 ft
followed by M2 80M-1 down about 4.5ft followed by SkyHawk down 4.5 at
bearing... Tower #2 40 ft with Mosley WARC 12 ft ( 52t) above tower and
Force 12 C3 at 40 ft...

Will be returning to North Caicos Tue Mar 2 with Don, K4CN, to finish the
project ( and hopefully drink a few Coronas)  Please look for us as
homecall/ VP5 and in the ARRL contest as VP5B  ( as in VP5 "bud").

Guys, if u think a project is hard in the States try one somewhere else!!!
One bolt can cost a day plus a plane ride...

Again thanks to all that are helping especially Texas Towers, M2 , Bencher,
WX0b... this is certainly a learning situation but rewarding...

2 radios-- amps- towers all with WX0B switching  15 ft from the Carib...

Thanks guys for the input... I'm about finished!

73
Bud, K4ISV