[TowerTalk] hygain 205 ca

Chuck Sudds csudds@probe.net
Sun, 07 Mar 1999 21:34:29 -0600

At 02:57 PM 3/5/99 -0500, you wrote:

>im getting ready to raise a hygain 205 ca next weekend. it is on the tram
>cable and ready to go up. it is set to factory measurements for low cw. i
>tried sliding it up the tram to about 30 feet or so for a test. i show an
>1.8 for the low swr at 13.8 mhz. i guess this is because of the ground
>being only 30 feet below the beam. anybody out there just set to stock
>measurements and go up with it and get good readings?
>thanks, n4ek

Put up my 205CA this past December and used the "low phone" settings. SWR at
14.000 is 1.7-1, flat from 14.1-14.250, then about 1.6-1 to the top at
14.350. It's at 91ft on guyed Rohn 45G. Top guys are at 85ft and broken up
with insulators. Lower guys are at 45ft and solid. Works fantastic! Good luck.

Chuck Sudds  KØTVD
Missouri Valley, Iowa USA
   Heartland DX Association   http://ns1.qsl.net/hdxa/

http://www.probe.net/~csudds/  or