[TowerTalk] Plumbing a 100' 45G

Jim amcastmis@earthlink.net
Mon, 08 Mar 1999 09:22:38 -0800

Hi Rush,

Why not climb to the top of the sections that are installed and drop a plumb
line down one of the tower legs.  Use a 1" spacer between the leg and the
line and make sure that the weight on the end is sufficient to keep the line
tight and kink free.  The line should maintain the 1" clearance all the way
donw the length of the leg if it's plumb.  Repeat on all 3 legs and you
should have a plumb tower.  The other alternative is a surveyors sight but
you'd have to get advice from someone who's skilled in using it (not me!).

Good luck.
73's
Jim WB6YAW