[TowerTalk] T2X Direction indicator

Dfmich@aol.com Dfmich@aol.com
Mon, 8 Mar 1999 19:42:49 EST

I have had a good deal of trouble with erratic direction indication with my
T2X. Almost from the first day, it started being erratic; ie, the needle jumps
around instead of moving linearly with rotation. I have cleaned the direction
sensing pot several times, at first with alcohol and then with CAIG Deoxit 05.
The first type cleaning lasts about a week and the last about 2 months but the
erraticness always returns. Almost seems as if something inside the rotator is
outgassing and recoating the resistive element.

Has anyone else had such an experience? Any solutions out there. Early on, I
called Hygain but they had no answers.

Dan K9EA