[TowerTalk] aluminum

N0OEL@aol.com N0OEL@aol.com
Mon, 8 Mar 1999 20:34:54 EST

Hello Bob!   I agree on your feelings on Alum towers.  I have had my 50 foot
Universal up for some 15 years and it looks as good as the day it went up and
works
great.   Have 12 sq feet up there and the tower just keeps on ticking.

I think that some people like to take off on Alum towers as they are more
expensive.
Others cause they have a steel tower.   I really cant say one is better than
the other
but I wouldnt give up my Universal.    Yes it costs more.   No it may not be
as
strong as some steel towers  (Rohn HDBX 56 is only 6 sq feet wind load as I
recall and its steel!) but it sure does the job.

Guess whats right for some is not for others.    Good luck Bob with your next
Alum tower.

Love my Universal!

73
Mike