[TowerTalk] Aluminum towers

Ray LaRue w4byg@qsl.net
Mon, 08 Mar 1999 21:50:45 -0500

Here here!
My tilt-base, 72' Heights aluminum tower is over 26 years old.
It's been up and down at 2 field days and 3 QTH's.  In my
permanent installations it has been loaded with a Moseley S-402,
40 meter beam and a CL-36, tri-bander.  It's been through 100
Mph winds and is still stands straight as an arrow.  I can put
it up by myself.  I'll never struggle with a steel tower again.
Aluminum is great, from who lives with it!

BTW the Moseleys and old HamM are still going strong to.
73,
Ray, W4BYG
Tampa, FL (the thunderstorm and lightning capitol of the world!)