[TowerTalk] Ameritron RCS-8V Remote Coax Switch

R. Murad muradr@hotmail.com
Thu, 18 Mar 1999 22:34:42 EST

I posted this message on march 14 but I guess it never
made it to the reflector, so I am posting again.

Hi, all
I am planning to buy the AMERITRON RCS-8V Remote Coax
Switch (the other model, RCS-4, won't fit).
I will need a 174 feet long (~53 meters)control cable.
The Ameritron WEB site is vague about the requirements
of the control cable and states that they won't reply
to any technical related E-Mail. Besides, the manual
for this model is not available at their site...

So, could someone please help:

1 - I've been told that the control cable must be a
    6-conductor type. Is that true? It would be nice
    if a 4-conductor cable could be used, because I
    already have around 200 feet of this type.

2 - If the 6-conductor cable is mandatory, which wire
    gauge I must specify for the conductors in order
    to match RCS-8V requirements and be sure that it
    will work properly?

Any help will be much appreciated.
73,
Rogerio Murad, PY1OL