[TowerTalk] Ameritron RCS-8V Remote Coax Switch

n8ug@juno.com n8ug@juno.com
Fri, 19 Mar 1999 09:47:33 -0500

Rogerio, The correct wire of the Ameritron is 6-22 for most every
installation, due to the very low current requirements. On longer runs
6-20 is a bit of assurance, but not until you pass 200 feet.
The 2-18,6-22 rotor wire used for the Ham IV is often used because of its
universal availability and thus good price - it often costs less than the
6 wire cable, and the extra 2 18 AWG wires are handy for Christmas stars,
beacon lites, etc!
Any good, UV resistant, 300V rated 6-22, PVC jacketed control wire will
do a fine job for you.  Four conductor cable won't do the job.
73,
Press Jones, N8UG, The Wireman, Inc., Landrum, SC, 29356
Sales (800)727-WIRE(9473) or  orders@thewireman.com
Tech help (864)895-4195 or  n8ug@thewireman.com
http://www.thewireman.com  and the WIRELINE bargain page
Our 22nd year!