[TowerTalk] Rplacement stud bolt

thompson@mindspring.com thompson@mindspring.com
Tue, 23 Mar 1999 11:06:41 -0500

Probably best to let a foundry build a new base.   With older Tristao 3
sided crank ups I always use 1" universal bolt with the bottom 6"  in an L.
I found when I first put down the tower years ago that Tristao did a poor
job of the base template and I had to get a foundry to build me an expansion
piece so I could attach one leg of the tower.  I corrected the base template
and it worked perfectly the last two times.

The 555 was the Wilson M-61 so they probably wanted to get away from his
design...it was the weakest part of the tower.

Dave K4JRB