[TowerTalk] Rope, Dacron, Walmart, Huh?

Lee Buller k0wa@southwind.net
Fri, 26 Mar 1999 16:55:41 -0600

I've been following this thread on rope for hangin dipoles and stuff.
Hmmmm.  Makes me wonder what all the fuss is about.  I used
plain-old-run-of-the-mill dacron parachute cord you can get at Walmart.
I've had this stuff up for years and various locations....knotted
together....loops and all....and it doesn't break, rot, or pull apart.  THe
only time it has broken is when the tree has worn it through, but that took
three years.  I have used this stuff for dipoles and to guy poles at field
day.  I've also used "plastic" bailing twine, but I would not recommend
that.  Breaks down under UV after about two years....and my wife did not
like the bright orange color.

But, the dacron parachute cord at Walmart is fine by me

Am I missing something here?

Lee