[TowerTalk] Take-off angle requirements vs. antenna height help request

k6ll@juno.com k6ll@juno.com
Sun, 28 Mar 1999 20:35:19 -0700

On Mon, 29 Mar 1999 08:23:19 -0500 "Tony Bean" <tonybean@bicnet.net>
writes:

>My terrain is mountainous.  Well, for those of you out west, maybe
>it's just "hilly".  My QTH is at 1650 ft. elevation, and there are
>higher "hill" tops within vision.  To the northeast, there is a
>hilltop that is 900 ft higher, exactly one mile away.  To the west,
>also at one mile distance, is a hill that is 630 ft higher than me.
>To the southwest, a rise of 400 ft... at a mile and a quarter.

You should download the program YTAD from the ARRL's file
server. You could also purchase the ARRL Antenna Manual and
get an updated version of this program, YT, packaged with the
manual. Both programs are very helpful in determining antenna
patterns in mountainous terrain. These programs are also a lot
of fun to play with.

Dave Hachadorian, K6LL
Yuma, AZ
K6LL@juno.com

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]