[TowerTalk] Defective Rohn tower

Michael Tope W4EF@pacbell.net
Fri, 7 May 1999 16:18:28 -0700

Shane,

Funny you should mention this, I got one from Texas Towers on
Tuesday - similar story. I haven't checked the squareness of the legs,
but in my case the accessory shelf is out of parallel about 1/2".
Totally unuseable for a rotator or bearing. TT will replace but the
return shipping is at my cost. Not sure how this got by both their's
and Rohn's QC, it very noticeable to the naked eye. Guess business
is booming and everyone is in high gear. Hopefully this gets back to Rohn
so they take a closer look at their process and fix it. Seems like this
shouldn't be a problem if proper jigging is used.