[TowerTalk] Inexpensive Baluns?

Dan Levin djl@andlev.com
Mon, 24 May 1999 21:10:43 -0700

If you've got an opinion on the best inexpensive current balun, I'd love to
hear it.  I need a couple of baluns for use with the set of vertical dipoles
that I plan to use for my second radio - and I'd like to keep costs down.
Suggestions that I just wind home-made coax on PVC chokes are not necessary,
I am very well aware of that option.

Some possibles that I am looking at are:

Van Gordon Hi-Q Baluns from Cable X-Perts - $14.95
Antennas and More CF-11 "Dipole Balun" - $25.00
W2DU 1:1 HF high power Balun from Davis RF - $26.95
Bencher ZA-1A from HRO - $40.95

Any comments on these or other similarly priced current baluns would be much
appreciated.

            ***dan
            Dan Levin, N6BZA