[TowerTalk] Rohn 25 Brackets - Specs? Experiences?

K7LXC@aol.com K7LXC@aol.com
Mon, 1 Nov 1999 10:41:19 EST

In a message dated 99-10-27 15:46:40 EDT, aa4lr@radio.org writes:

>  I have access to a Rohn catalog, but it gives precious little information
>  about the three types of brackets available:

      You need a newer catalog. All of them are illustrated in the latest
version (which is available from http://www.championradio.com).

> * HB25 - three models with 15", 24" and 30" maximum spacing. The picture
>  of the 15" brackets looks a little wimpy to me. There's no data on the
>  24" or 30" units.

       It's the same bracket with longer arms. Wimpy? Well, it IS for 25G so
it's not too brute.

>  * HBU - the universial house bracket, looks larger, and is built from
>  angle steel and not flat straps. More substantial. Goes to 30" from wall.
>
>  * HBUTVRO - the heavy duty version of the HBU. This one has cross-bracing
>  of the sway braces. The name implies it was intended for big TVRO
>  satellite dishes. Goes to 36" from wall.
>
>  Does anyone have experience with these? There are no drawings in the
>  catalog. What is the span of the wall plate on each, how many bolt holes
>  are there and what is their spacing?

       These are "universal" brackets, that is - they're drilled for 25G and
45/55G. My decision of which one to use has to do with how much distance from
the wall is needed. If I need more than 36" (and sometimes I do), then I use
2x4 spacers at the wall.

      The 25G versions are fine but the other ones are more heavy duty. They
are HEAVY so if you think you need them - go nuts.

Cheers,   Steve    K7LXC
Champion Radio Products