[TowerTalk] EMT Electrical Conduit for 40m verticals...

Gerry Hull windev@inetmarket.com
Wed, 3 Nov 1999 09:32:15 -0500

I have searched the archives and found nothing that really answers my
questions...

I am building a 4-square for 40 and was looking around for cheap building
materials.
Home Depot has 2-1/4' 10-foot sections of EMT electrical conduit for only
$4.99....
Looks like a bargain, but wondering if anyone has used this stuff to build a
vertical.
Since I'm not an electrician, does anyone know what sizes directly fit
inside each other?
Or is a coupling available to connect diffierent sizes?  Should I use the
standard coupling
and use non-tapered lengths?

I was planning on 33-ft verticals guyed at every 10 feet with rope.

Any help/pointers would be greatly appreciated.

73,

-Gerry, W1VE/VE1RM
Greenfield, NH