[TowerTalk] EMT Electrical Conduit for 40m verticals...

Joe L Blackwell aa4nn@juno.com
Thu, 4 Nov 1999 21:15:41 -0400

Anybody remember an article on a 40 mtr beer can vertical circa 1956?  I
tried it,
had trouble raising it, but finally did.  No software back then to model
the thing.
Radials were insufficient...  never did get it to work.
73, de Joe AA4NN

On Thu, 4 Nov 1999 16:35:38 -0800 "Jim Berry" <basalop@gte.net> writes:

> I built a couple of verticals in the past out of aluminum downspout.
> It worked pretty darn good.  Shall we say it is a bit floppy after
> the 3rd section, but with proper guying the stuff will stay up thru
> the worst of weather.  Now this stuff was the round kind.  I do not
> even know if you can buy round aluminmum downspout pipe anymore.
> Only difference I can see between the newer square stuff and the old
> round stuff is what to set it on.  With the old round stuff it was
> easy to set on an old bottle.  The cost of 3 or 4 10 foot sections
> of
> aluminum downspout is well worth the experiment I would feel.
>
> 73 Jim K7SLI
>

> --
> FAQ on WWW:
> http://www.contesting.com/towertalkfaq.html

Vy 73, de Joe AA4NN
Eastern Top Band ARC,  Carolina DX Assn,  Carolina CW Ops,
Fairfield County Contesters, Ten-Tec only, CW only.
eeetet   ee