[TowerTalk] 80m limited space antenna - help please!

Gian Luca Cazzola glcazzola@iol.it
Sun, 7 Nov 1999 11:56:05 -0000

Hi Towertalkians,
I would agree your suggestions for solving my search of a good limited space
80 m. antenna, and if possible also a 160m ant.
I live downtown in an home with a very little garden. So I am obliged to
roof mount all antennas.
I work 90% cw, dx and contests.
I have a tower on the roof (the roof is 35 feet from ground), the tower is
30  feet high with another 7 feet from the mast (hazel mounted).
I have a Force 12 C4 antenna on it.
The roof is about 70 feet x 46 feet
>From the high it is this:

        little garden - better no antenna (hi)

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
x                                                   x
x                                                   x
x                                                   x
x             X tower                          x
x                                                   x
x                                                   x
x                                                   x
x                                                   x
x                                                   x
x                                                   x
x                                                   x
x                                                   x
x                                                   x
x                                                   x
x                                                    x
x                                                    x
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

street

I have thinked about an half sloper from the tower, a 1/4 lambda wire upside
the tower and then down to the roof, the tuning of the tower, a linear
loaded dipole for 80m not longer than 100 feet vee inverted - but I havent
found a suitable design.
What can you suggest me?
Many thanks.
Ian IK4EWX