[TowerTalk] KLM KT-34A parts

mike dunlap mdunlap@pressenter.com
Sun, 07 Nov 1999 14:22:59 -0600

Hello Everyone!

A quick question for you KLM KT-34A owners out there and anyone else "in
the know."

I have an older KT-34A  that came with the purchase of a tower.  I recently
purchased the upgrade kit for it that includes the blue caps, some new
tubing, etc.   My question is that of the straps and the balun.  With the
KLM  company left with only remaining inventory would it be wise to pick up
these and  perhaps other parts.

I plan on using this antenna for a long time so I thought that some "extra
inventory" might not be a bad idea.  We also have quite a bit of wind up
here in WI.  Maybe those with this antenna in similar climates would also
have some input as to what might tend to fail and what items they have
needed to replace.  From what I have been told this antenna can be kind of
"frail."

I will be rebuilding the KT-34A this winter so any inputs  or tricks of the
trade would be very much appreciated!!!

Thanks to all who respond to my letter, I value all your input GREATLY!

A very '73
Mike   K0NWA