[TowerTalk] Copper and Aluminum

Richard Spindler spindoc@digital.net
Wed, 10 Nov 1999 18:45:41 -0500

Can copper ribbon be clamped directly to an aluminum tower leg?

I know you can't clamp copper directly to a galvanized leg, but I am
thinking it might be OK with aluminum.  I am erecting an aluminum tower.

Anyone know for sure?  I looked at a galvanic table published somewhere
in the reflector archives and knew less when I finished than when I
started.  According to that table, best as I could determine, anything
could pretty much be clamped to anything as long as the algebraic
difference was less than something like 10v, and none of the differences
were more than a couple of volts...  Anyway, I couldn't make it out!

Inquiring minds want to know!

Doc, N9AM