[TowerTalk] Re: Stacking Question

Phil Clements philk5pc@tyler.net
Fri, 12 Nov 1999 10:47:11 -0600

> Boy, thanks for all the good info!  I now have a good idea what
> is happening in a stack.  I appreciate the replies.  73
> Tom W7WHY

I have always thought of it this way, Tom. The only way aluminum
can produce gain is to concentrate the signal into a smaller area.
Just like adjusting the nozzle on a fire hose from a fog pattern to
a strait stream...you are using about the same amount of water,
but it reaches a much greater distance. Varying the separation
of the antennas in a stack is just like adjusting the water nozzle.

(((73)))
Phil, K5PC