[TowerTalk] Using Split Beads

dan hearn dhearn@ix.netcom.com
Fri, 12 Nov 1999 22:05:17 -0800

A small air gap causes considerable loss in inductance,Herb. You would
be ahead to get beads with a larger hole or possibly use a short section
of smaller coax. Could be RG8X if that will take the power you use. You
might consider removing a bit of the vinyl covering and then tape
overall. 73, Dan, N5AR