[TowerTalk] Getting Open Wire Feeds Into the House (Shack)?

dlhough@rabbitbrush.com dlhough@rabbitbrush.com
Mon, 15 Nov 1999 05:17:12 -0800

	We use feed throughs made from brass threaded stock and PVC end caps. The
threaded stock is covered with clear plastic tubing. Holes are drilled through
the wall or concrete block and the feed throughs are installed. True Value
Hardware carries everything you need.

	The holes can be filled afterwards with either a dowel or cement patch if you
decide to move.

	We also make our own ladder line using #14 solid copper wire spaced 6" with
acrylic plastic rod (get from an electric sign maker). The plastic rod is
drilled to the size of #14 about 1/4" in from each end and slipped onto the
wire. A small bead of solder on each side keeps the spacer from moving.
Impedance is about 600 ohms. You can make a jig out of 6 nails driven into a
short piece of 2x6 for cutting and drilling the spacers. The spacers are set
about 14"-16" apart.

73
Dave Hough, KC7DM  http://www.qsl.net/kc7dm/
Elko, NV (Home of the Sagebrush Rebellion)