[TowerTalk] STOPPING RUST

GALE STEWARD k3nd@yahoo.com
Wed, 17 Nov 1999 05:26:53 -0800 (PST)

There is a product that I have used in the classic car
restoration area.  It is a paint type product called
CORROLESS sold by the Eastwood Corp.  They sell auto
restoration tools and supplies.  Don't have a catalog
handy but they do have a web site.  This is applied
directly over rusty metal after wirebrushing to remove
any loose flakes.  It neutrializes the rust and seals
against air and moisture infiltration.  Once its dry,
it can be painted over.  It's apparently the same
stuff they use on the offshore drilling rigs.  I've
never used it on tower sections but works great on old
muscle cars!

73, Stew  K3ND

=====