[TowerTalk] Rohn 25 guy radius oddness.. 80% vs 50%?

n4kg@juno.com n4kg@juno.com
Thu, 18 Nov 1999 19:56:30 -0600

Actually, there is a 15% reduction in the worst case guy load
using 4 way guying vs. 3 way.  The worst case load with 3 way
guying occurs when the wind is blowing parallel to one of the
tower faces, 30 degrees away from the upwind guy wire.  This
slight difference does NOT account for the close guying plan
for the tilt-over towers.

The tiltover guying arrangement tells us that there is a
CONSIDERABLE reduction in tower loading with a 70 ft
tower versus the full 200 ft rating of Rohn 25 where 80%
guying is mandatory for even modest antenna loads.

de  Tom   N4KG