[TowerTalk] MFJ 1792 - 80/40 m antenna

Gian Luca Cazzola glcazzola@iol.it
Fri, 19 Nov 1999 20:09:04 -0000

Dear friends,
a friend of mine, Mauro I4JEE has bought an MFJ 1792 80-40m vertical
antenna.
He has assembled it on a garage roof-at the side, about 12 feet from the
ground. He has connected 5 radial wire, about 35
feet long. He has also connected a ground wire (abt 15 feet long).
The antenna has lower swr at 7.5Mhz (more than swr 2,5) and at 3,6mhz (about
swr 4). Tomorrow he will try to connet other
4 radials, but I think he will solve nothing.
Does anybody know or own this (bad and strange behaviour) thing called MFJ
1792?
Can he suggest something to solve the problems?
Thanks es 73
Ian IK4EWX