[TowerTalk] Re:Stacking Distances (more info)

Jan.E.Holm@telia.se Jan.E.Holm@telia.se
Mon, 22 Nov 1999 07:57:57 +0100

     Hi Clive and all,

     I can confirm this, it happend to me also. I have a 6/6 stack for
15
     and 6/6 for 10 in the same tower and the low 15 and 10 ended up
     3 meters from each other (10 below 15).  When I cranked the 10
     in place I noticed something happened since I had the network
     analyzer connected but I didn´t bother with it at that time. After
     investigating with NEC-2 I could see what was going on. Conclusion
     was that I had to move away the 10 to atleast 5 meters distance.
     (6 meters for virtually no interaction) That turns out to be a
     problem since the low 10 will become kind a close to ground and
     also the stacking distance towards the top antenna will be kind a
     large. I ended up putting the low 10 4 meters below the 15 and have
     to live with the interaction for the time being, at 4 meters I
thing I
     loose about 0.7 dB gain but pattern stayed pritty much decent so
     I have to live with it I guess. I will however move the 10 meter
antennas
     to another tower at another date.
     In any case the 10 meter 6/6 stack seems to work excelent, I have
     the antennas at 24 over 11 meters so kinad a wide I guess but it
seems
     to perform just right, or maybe anything works on 10 when the band
     flips wide open.
     Ofcourse this could be fixed by redesigning the 10 m antenna that
sits
     close to the 15, can be done using NEC-2 or similar software
     so maybe I even will try that.
     Ofcourse any ideas on this subject are welcome.

      73, Jim SM2EKM