[TowerTalk] TOWER SELECTION

JSheinb785@aol.com JSheinb785@aol.com
Mon, 22 Nov 1999 22:44:29 EST

But it surely is convenient not to have to climb all the way up to work on or
install antennas & rotators.  I just yesterday had 3 friends over & installed
a new HyGain 204BAS (4 el. monobander) on my HDX555 US tower while it was
retracted to the 22 ft level. We used a 24 ft extension ladder & didn't have
to get on the tower at all.
Freight on my tower from Visalia to Corpus Christi was about $215.00, and it d
id cost me$150 to have a truck mounted crane to unload it (1000 lb.), but, I
love the tower!
It could have been unloaded a lot cheaper with a few hams, an "A" frame &
chain hoist.
73,
Joe WD5FHG