[TowerTalk] Re: Topband: Magnetic Variation

Bill Aycock baycock@HIWAAY.NET
Fri, 01 Oct 1999 19:29:59 -0500

At 07:05 PM 10/01/1999 EDT, you wrote:

>Hi Gang
>
>Does anyone know of a website or place where I can identify the magnetic
>variation of a given QTH from True North?
>
>73 JEFF
>
>K1ZM@aol.com

The subject of TRUE NORTH is usually reserved for the towertalk reflector,
where it rears its head periodically, is greeted with hysterical laughter,
endless cries of "Not this again" and "I thought we agreed--", and
dissertations about the lateral width of the pattern from almost all beams
being enough to not require great accuracy- etc.

Actually, the best way is to find local solar noon and spot the shadow.

Good luck

Bill- W4BSG

 Restore Mt. Rushmore !

(Think about it)