[TowerTalk] west coast buzzsaw from N0AH

Jim Rhodes rhodes@willinet.net
Sun, 03 Oct 1999 16:52:25 -0500

Has anyone else noticed this on other bands? I was working some grayline
the other morning on 40M and didn't hear it there, but when I switched to
80M (about 3505) it was there and the same noise was very strong on 30M at
the same time. Was on for a while (I left the shack so I don't know for how
long) and then it was gone. Flipped back to 80M and it was gone. Later it
was back on 80M, flipped to 30M and it was back there too. With my single
multi-band sloper I have no idea where it was coming from, could have been
local, but was the same noise on both bands.

At 02:32 PM 10/3/99 -0500, you wrote:

>The buzzsaw noise is definitely audible down in the CW portion of the band
>as well.  I hear it frequently down at the bottom of the band in the early
>morning hours.  It definitely peaks to the northeast (from Iowa) on both the
>4 square and the beverages.
>
>It's not terribly strong here. . . usually around S5.  Strong enough though
>to prevent working a weak DX station. .. and annoying.
>
>73. . . Dave
>W0FLS

Jim Rhodes KC0XU
rhodes@willinet.net