[TowerTalk] Rotor tip

Dale L. Martin kg5u@hal-pc.org
Mon, 4 Oct 1999 00:40:50 -0500

Hi, Jeff.

I put molex plugs in place years ago.  They are available at most
electronic parts outlets, even Radio Shack.

Now that the Amp connector seems to be the connector of choice
for the rotator, maybe that same connector should be used
instead.  Does anyone on the reflector have any insight as to
whether the Amp connector I received from C.A.T.S. is becoming a
"standard" connector for the rotator?  Are there others being
used/promoted?

As for the double female bulkhead plug, I don't think I have ever
seen one.  You might just consider hardwiring the cable from the
rotator to a male bulkhead connector (The connector from the
control box would be a female, preserving hiding the hot
connector pins).

73,
dale, kg5u

>Hi Dale,
>
>Saw your post on the TT about the Molex plugs for rotor cable.
I'm in
>the process of putting a feedthru panel in the new shack and I'm
looking
>for a source for a double female bulkhead style plug.  Any
sources would