[TowerTalk] (Was) C3 vs tennadyne

Barry Kutner w2up@mindspring.com
Wed, 6 Oct 1999 12:45:36 -0400

When I was in college, in the mid 70s, the full-size 2 el 40 at 120 ft
at W2SZ was a killer. Probably still would be very respectable, but
there are many more 40m beams out there now.

For the high bands, I believe smallish stacks perform better than
single, big Yagis.  I added a third TH7 at 22 ft recently for use
primarily with a second radio. It is amazing how well that antenna
plays. At times, on 10 and 15 it is equal or better, to Europe, than
my TH7 stack at 40/76 ft (JA it doesn't come close).

73 Barry

Newtown, PA         FRC         alternate: barry@w2up.wells.com