[TowerTalk] C3 vs tennadyne

Greg Gobleman k9zm@frontiernet.net
Wed, 6 Oct 1999 12:41:01 -0500

Hi Lou,

No, your not the only ham on a budget.  You have to remember that this is a
diverse group.  I have other peoples left-overs in the air now and am
shortly going to make a new purchase.  Check with folks in your area and see
what they may have that can be rebuilt.  If your in Central Illinois, you
might be able to talk me out of a few antennas.  Or maybe a slight trade.  I
have a Telrex TB6EM that will be retired by spring, a 4 el Wilson tri-bander
and a 40m kit for a similar model which may work on it.  Also, the boom and
some scrap aluminum from a 4el Cushcraft 20m skywalker that has some
potential for the homebrewer.  There has to be good, older antennas in your
area for rebuilding that are still quite servicable.  Get to know some of
your local hams.

73
Greg K9ZM