[TowerTalk] Something small, potent and frugal (sounds like a bad joke)

mike dunlap mdunlap@pressenter.com
Thu, 07 Oct 1999 13:54:46 -0700

Hello All!

All this talk of antennas is making me nervous as to "WHAT I SHOULD BE
PUTTING UP!!"

I have a KLM KT-34A (not the XA) and planned on using that along with some
dipoles for hf and a 2mtr beam and omni for vhf/uhf.  As some have put it,
I don't want to sell the "family farm" to fund my passion for radio nor do
I want to!  I don't need to be a big gun as I enjoy chasing DX, SWLing, and
ragchewing with my cronies.  I plan on running a "barefoot" station so gain
and ears are important to me but I don't want some 30 plus footer towering
over me during a spring/fall icestorm or summer windstorm here in WI.

Adding some more fuel to this antenna fire...it's been interesting
though...what's the consensus on the KT-34A that I have relating to other
antennas out there that are of similar size and around the 6sqr ft. mark.
Yes..$ is also a factor!!  This will be a new tower and all appearing
sometime next spring/early summer.

Thanks for the advice and keep the great discussions or should I say
debates going!!!

'73 all

Mike K0NWA
 mdunlap@pressenter.com