[TowerTalk] 'Tuning' a KLM LPDA

Tom Hammond - N0SS n0ss@earthlink.net
Thu, 07 Oct 1999 17:55:21 -0500

Hi Guys:

I'm asking this question for a friend who has ordered a KLM LPDA
for use the 'higher'bands, 10M-20M, or so, I think.

He tells me that if the SWR doesn't fall into those (CW) portions
of the WARC bands where he wants them to fall, it is his intention
to 'tune' the element for that band so that the SWR is more
acceptable.

My concern is that in doing so, he may wind up screwing up the
entire alignment of the array.

Any comments?

Finally, given that this will be an LPDA, and purportedly resonant
on most of the bands (10M-20M, at least), what type of separation
is he gonna have to have if he's gonna put it on a rotating tower
along with monobanders for 40/30/20/15?

Don't bother telling me to tell him to buy something else, or such,
it's already on its way, or maybe already here.  I just want to
keep him from screwing it up, if that's possible.

73 to all, and thanks to anyone who takes the time to reply.