[TowerTalk] GAP Titan

Larry Knapp kc8jx@yahoo.com
Thu, 7 Oct 1999 20:45:39 -0700 (PDT)

Rod - I'm not sure "exactly" why this group "hates" the GAP Titan.  I have one
an I am very pleased with it.  If one puts this up and expects quad or
mono-band beam performance then, sure, they will be disappointed.  But as a
vertical, I think it's pretty good.  I've had lots of antennas (including beams
& quads) from my current qth & from this general area.  This vertical performs
as good as if not better than any other vertical I have had (does not equal
quad or beam performance - don't expect it to).  All have been raised to roof
level or above (25 feet or so up from ground level). I have no complaints.  To
your specific question, if raised 5 feet up would it help....help what -
reception or transmission?...probably not that much to either...unless you were
getting it out of the way of trees, bushes, metal fences....then perhaps
some...but if your looking for S unit(s) increase or better local or dx...well,
no I don't think so.....FWIW..........Larry

--- Rod Brink <rodbrink@montereybay.com> wrote:

> I know this group hates the GAP Titan, and I can't blame you, I hate it too.
> But I own one and circumstances limit me to its use.  It's mounted 5 feet
> off the ground.  Without raising too much of a neighborhood fuss, I could
> elevate it about 10 feet.  The question is, would it help much??
>
> -73-
> Rod, KE6RSF
>

> --

=====
May your days be full of sunshine and good thoughts fill your head.
From: Larry Knapp, KC8JX, St. Joseph, Mi  49085
  Best 73's