[TowerTalk] Re: Variation and Declination

Tower2sell@aol.com Tower2sell@aol.com
Fri, 8 Oct 1999 05:23:41 EDT

In a message dated 10/4/1999 11:00:00 PM Central Daylight Time,
wa2moe@doitnow.com writes:

> Variations up to 20 degrees is certainly a concern for determining
>  >how best to set antenna directivity.  Just wondering, how wrong could
>  >a person be it the boom of an antenna was pointing right at the
>  >North Star (Polaris), regardless of QTH in Maine or Pacific NW?
>  >de Joe, AA4NN
>  >
>  Joe...you'd be right on the money as long as the needle in your control box
>  read "N"  or "S"

Just remember guys, that if you use a magenetic compass near a large STEEL
tower you may get a wrong reading. Do I need to explain why?