[TowerTalk] GAP Titan

Greg Gobleman k9zm@frontiernet.net
Fri, 8 Oct 1999 17:30:16 -0500

Hi Ed,

I had my Titan up for 5 years.  Worked some good stuff too.  Some bands were
better than others.  I can only complain about the lack of information in
the ads about the capacitor in the top of the antenna which controls what
portion of 80m it is resonate in and that I had the next door neighbors dog
forever running into the counterpoise.  It was easiliy straightened back
out.  I did have a screw come out at the Gap which skewed the SWR on several
bands.  That was related to my moving and overtightening that particular
screw.  In fact, I suspect your friends problem could be traced to either
over or under tightening those screws.  That antenna withstood many plus
60mph and a few plus 70mph storms with no problem.  Other than it sure
looked scary moving around in the wind.

73
Greg K9ZM