[TowerTalk] Force 12 C4 antenna SWR - problem solved!!!!!

Gian Luca Cazzola glcazzola@iol.it
Sun, 10 Oct 1999 17:29:36 +0100

Many thanks to Guy Olinger, Pete Smith, Natan Huffman of Force 12, Jim Reid,
Skip KJ6Y, Steve K7LXC, for the reply to my request of help for SWR problem
on my new Force 12 C4.
Today I have tried the antenna with my transceiver and I havent found SWR
problem on any band!!!!!
Minimum SWR on any band lower than 1,3 - on any band edge not more than 1,8.
I had only to adjust the "jumpers" on 40 m element to have the lower SWR -
wonderful 1,1 on 7.010 khz, becouse I work 99% cw.
I think the SWR not less than 2 on my Autek can be caused by an FM broadcast
at 100mhz from a station in my town,
150 meter from my new home.
I am now very happy man (last night I had very bad sleep!!-hi).
Thanks again to you friends and sorry for my false problem!!!!

An special thanks to my friend Natan Huffman of Force 12 (take note that i
have nothing in common with Force 12) for sending me, apart the infos, a
special mast bracket for my C4 that I needed for my 2-1/2 mast- from
California to Italy in 3 days - thanks UPS also!
They give me not only a wonderful antenna, but also a wonderful support!
(a lot better than the support that I -havent- received from Cushcraft at
which I asked some spare parts for my old A4S).

73

Gian Luca "Ian" Cazzola IK4EWX