[TowerTalk] newbie, Installing a 80' crank up

Brian Smithson brian_smithson@vds.com
Mon, 11 Oct 1999 09:54:34 -0400

Uh oh,

> Regarding tower placement, the rule of thumb is a minimum of 50 feet
> away from the nearest person or structure.  A tower will tend to
> attract lightning, so you don't want to attract it right near your home

I've marked out a spot for the base of my 2nd Trylon
self-supporting to be close to a barn in our backyard.
The barn is >300' from the house, but the tower will
(was going to) be less than 10' from the barn. I'm
planning a pretty extensive ground system - am i still
asking for trouble?

-Brian n8wrl