[TowerTalk] Contest station database update

Pete Smith n4zr@contesting.com
Thu, 14 Oct 1999 14:49:44 -0400

I've finally caught up with the input to the database, so if you want to go
check again, any changes you have forwarded should be reflected there.
Please feel free to correct any errors you find, because I did input the
change manually.

In the next few days, I will be adding a field for receiving antennas or
other special equipment to both databases, and a field for alternate calls.
 A number of DX stations have called for the latter because of the frequent
use of special contest calls, etc.

I am also working on a lookup system that will allow you to see just the
calls of stations in the database.  The trick here is to give you a useful
tool without a prohibitively long download time.  One option that might be
implemented without too much difficulty would be to let you see all the
"1s" at once, "2s" etc.  That would be easy to implement for the
US/Canadian database, but much more work for the DX database.

To check your entry or add your station to the database, go to
http://206.102.70.3/search.htm.

73,  Pete N4ZR
Sometimes a tower is just a tower