[TowerTalk] Grounding of new mast and antenna

thaxton@ptgroup.com thaxton@ptgroup.com
Thu, 14 Oct 1999 19:03:18 -0500

I have just completed building a rooftop support for a rotor, mast
and antenna. The support is steel,painted, and beefy! :)

I have never had a beam antenna or rotor setup before so I would
like some advice on how to ground everything, i.e. do I run the
ground strap from the mast to the earth ground. Do I need to
ground each component of my setup, i.e. antenna, rotor, mast? I
am assuming since everything is metal and tied together that a
single ground strap will cover everything.  I will be using Polyphaser
components on the shack coax end of things.

Thanks for any and all advice.

Don
N0FGK