[TowerTalk] Wire size

GALE STEWARD k3nd@yahoo.com
Mon, 18 Oct 1999 05:22:35 -0700 (PDT)

Nate,
It's a waste of money to go to 4/0.  Also probably a
lot harder to install.  The ground return currents
couple to the radials and the current divides by the
number of wires.  Therefore, each radial does not
carry a large amount of current.  Also, the maximum
current in each radial is near the feedpoint and
diminishes the farther out you go.  I'd use the #16.
I've used #16 and smaller in my radial system.

73, Stew  K3ND

=====