[TowerTalk] Force 12 C-3 Problems

Bill Parry w5vx@HILINE.NET
Mon, 18 Oct 1999 18:47:53 -0500

The wind definitely blows the cell on the C-3 around. My AL1500 faults
fairly often when the wind is blowing. During the CW SS contest last year,
my C-3 failed. After getting up to the antenna and checking the problem, I
found the coax connector at the balun had failed. I believe, without hard
evidence,  that two elements touched in the wind and caused this failure.
Tom told me that he had not had a balun fail, and I had been using the
antenna for about six months prior to the failure.

I sure would like to see a factory fix for this problem. Otherwise, this is
an excellent antenna and I highly recommend it.

Bill, W5VX
"part of the 6D2X gang"