[TowerTalk] Force 12 C-3 Problems

Dave D'Epagnier DAVED@ctilidar.com
Tue, 19 Oct 1999 10:11:52 -0600

I've had a C3-S/D here in windy Boulder for the last year. The D model
(100MPH rating) has the 20 meter elements beefed up with an insert tube
in the center of both elements. I've never had a problem even in high
winds.

Dave
K0QE
	----------
	From:  VCombs7707@aol.com [SMTP:VCombs7707@aol.com]
	Sent:  Monday, October 18, 1999 12:53 PM
	To:  towertalk@contesting.com
	Subject:  [TowerTalk] Force 12 C-3 Problems

	I need to ask for some help on the problems that I am having
with my Force 12
	C-3 antenna. When the wind blows at about 30-35 mph., the 20
Mtr. main driver
	hits the 10 Mtr. front driver. The elements are only about 5
inches apart.
	This sure is a real pain watching the swr go from 1.2 to what
ever. It will
	totally shut down my 1000MP and force me to use by tuner. I have
called Force
	12 about it 2 weeks ago and still waiting for a phone call from
Nathan, the
	lady that answered the phone promised a call back with in a
couple of days.
	Are any of you having the same problem and if so what did you do
to fix it??
	Thank-You,
	Vern Combs
	KJ7TH