[TowerTalk] Lexan and element linkage

George Claussen georgec@seanet.com
Wed, 20 Oct 1999 03:09:42 +0000

As always, L.B. has stimulated further discussion. My input deals
with the "element linkage" portion of L.B.'s note. Sometime in the
mid-sixties I toured a General Electric plant in the Syracuse area.
One of the demonstrations was the shake-table used to vibration test
military (vacuum tube!) equipment. Question: Do any of the antenna
manufacturers run a shake/vibration test on their products? Seems to
me that such a test would be rather simple to implement and if performed
properly would certainly identify many of the problems so frequently
discussed on this reflector...Thanks L.B. for your message!!
73, George, N7GC