[TowerTalk] Common mode chockes

Phil Clements philk5pc@tyler.net
Sat, 23 Oct 1999 14:49:08 -0500

Why don't you put a 75 to 50 ohm un-un transformer at the point
where the CATV-coax junction is. This will serve as a choke from
1-30 mhz, and your radio will see 50 ohms on all bands.

Beware of the Radio Works "line isolator." It is only a few turns
of standard RG-58U on a ferrite bar....good for only 320 watts or
so on 10m.

(((73)))
Phil, K5PC
"The Dark Ages were caused by a Y1K problem."