[TowerTalk] Cable lube

Bill Heinzinger w9ol@dataflo.net
Tue, 26 Oct 1999 09:43:19 -0500

I'm sorry that it took so long to supply the details on the cable lubricant
I used.
I couldn't read the label any more and it took a while to contact the
supplier.
Any way here is the info:

Mullen Circle Brand Inc.
3514 W Touhy Ave.
Lincolnwood, IL
847-676-1880

The sell:
CableCoat 200
It comes in 1 gal. jugs, 4 gal's to a case at $35.00/case
They will sell just 1 gal.

Aerosol
Saver
This is a aerosol with superior rust preventative and is held by the fiber
wick in the center of the cable.
case of 12 cans at $38.00/case
They sell only in case lots.

They will ship UPS.

My personal use was to use the CableCoat 200 by pouring into a pan and
laying the coiled cable in the pan.
Then for touch ups on the job or tower I would use the aerosol and a funnel
cut in half vertically to catch overspray and funnel the oil down the cable.

These are light oil lubricants with rust prevention that do not collect and
hold dirt. Also good for pulley sheaves.

Sure hope this helps.

Teenagers...Cruel & Unusual Punishment for Having Sex Years Ago

Bill
homepage at
http://www.dataflo.net/~w9ol